Tuesday 17 January 2012

Nuts, Fruit and Berries!

It is always a pleasure to visit my in-laws at Waihopai Valley. We're so often spoilt by their hospitality, and the serenity of their home. What I do like best is the their little orchard, which bears the sweetest fruit! 



Green Gooseberries - There was an era of Gooseberry cultivation competition just a couple of centuries back. So, it does come in a few variety of colours and tastes. This green one is sweet with a bit of tartness. We are thinking of turning these into muffins.

I reckon nothing beats strawberries! The most romantic of all fruit!

Red Currants. Yup - fresh! I know it's a summer fruit but it always look so Christmassy!
I like them in cereal with yoghurt, on Pavlovas and Fruit Tarts

mmmmm....Lemon!
Amazing in both sweet and savoury dishes!

Fresh walnuts! Nothing beats fresh walnuts!
These came from a couple of walnut trees given to Bryn for his 30th.



No comments:

Post a Comment