Tuesday 29 November 2011

Oli and the Oly... in Windy Welly!



Meet my new toy - The Olympus EP-3 (Oly)! Very clever of Bryn as it definitely distracted me from thinking about entering the 4th decade! Thanks, Babe, for such a cool and fun camera! I do not miss my old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8, sadly to say. I do know of a good home it can go to!

It is a retro looking micro four thirds camera which allows for interchanging of lenses. Some articles about it has the title "Honey, I shrunk the DSLR"! This little number produces sharp images with depth, has amazing autofocus and fits nicely into a handbag. Definitely allows for one to be discrete. The reviews that helped me decide are those by Steve Huff and dpreview. Of course, there is always the Facebook poll :D

We were in Wellington recently for both work and leisure. A perfect opportunity to test out the Oly. Of course, the user manual can always wait! It may not be perfect, but may I present you some retro arty shots of one of my favourite cities in the world- Wellington:
(a slideshow pops up when you click on an image)


Retro Suburbia

Romance

Cute interior designs

Banjos

Solace in the Wind - by Max Patte

When one decides not to walk...

Tee hee!

Wellington Cable Car to the Botanical Gardens


Cuba Street

The infamous Bucket Fountain

City Market













I managed to convert Bryn for the weekend too. To have Char Kuey Teows, Satay, Dosai, Murtabak, Roti and Dhal, Nasi Lemak with Ayam Masak Merah, Siew Pau and Curry Puffs! Yummo! I recommend the following places to eat if keen to pursue a similar cuisine theme:

For those with more European tastebuds, we had some really good meals here:

Ah... Wellington 

The Harbourcity capital, full of life and buzz
A city ever so windy! So your hair always a fuzz
Always a cafe, a restaurant and a bar
in every corner, near and far
Lots of different yummies for a Foodie
Just as long as you walk, gotta watch the tushy!

Well, that's my attempt but let me present you the Mutton Birds who does a much better job! It's the song Bryn and I used to sing to each other when we were doing the long distance business :) Yes, lots of fond memories from Wellington. 


3 comments: